Monday, June 27, 2016

A New Start....For Real This Time

I've seen this tree before. I recognize these crossroads. It all looks the same and sounds the same. I think to myself "This is going to be my fresh start" or "Here's my new beginning" when the truth is, I've had so many new beginnings that I can't remember the last time a new beginning did anything new for my life.

Each new beginning starts the same way. I realize that I have gotten uncomfortably big. My clothes don't fit anymore (or at least not well) and I want to make a change. I get stern with myself and say "enough is enough". I start to look for reasons that things have gotten so bad. "We keep too much junk food in the house" "My knee injury is keeping me for exersicing" "If we'd just cook more meals at home" Then I come up with wild solutions. We'll stop buying junk food, we'll find new workout regimes that cater to my sore knee. We'll buy all kinds of delicious foods to cook at home. But nothing ever changes.

So, how? How do you create that change? How do you really look yourself in the eye and stop with the self inflicted punishment that is a food obsession?

I don't actually know the answer. I wish I did. I don't even really expect anyone to come up with an answer for me. I just somehow hope that getting this all out will help me in some way. Again, I doubt that it will. I've posted similiar sentiments on Instagram and my last blog post was something of this nature as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment